Monday, April 12, 2010

Struggle 'Till the Day I Die

It's true. This has been my story for as long as I can remember. Life is a struggle and anything worth having involves a great deal of effort. It's kind of like being a Marine or being in the Special Forces. You see a military person with those patches and you know they busted their buttocks to earn that distinction. You look at them with a certain level of respect.

Sometimes it really dawns on me. I drive by the expensive neigborhoods, see someone in a nice car I'd love to have and hear stories of people making a whole lot of money and I say to myself one day I'll get there. Automatically I jump to 'this is going to be a struggle'. I either have to work my tail off or stumble upon an idea that will bring the funds in overnight. There's no middle road - and - there's no way I can reach this goal just being myself. I have to make changes. I have to this. I have to that. It will take a lot of work. Perhaps I need to make a great deal of money doing what I'm doing now and then I can take time off to pursue something really cool. Then I go about my life and put off any plans to realize my dreams.

It's very easy to feel stuck and to think that I will spend the rest of my days struggling to provide the best for myself and my family. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

And then it happens. Right as I'm sifting through all this muck, I get that I'm making it all the hell up. Am I making up my bills? No. How about all my responsibilities and my job? Nope. Those are all there. What I am making up is that I must struggle in order to create abundance for myself, my life and my family. What if it can be easy? What if it's effortless? What if I can enjoy the ride and make a boat-load of money in the process? I'll tell you this much. None of that will be possible if I keep sabotaging myself - thinking that I must struggle 10 times more to get there.

Is this self-help bull that I'm spreading? I have this to say. I created very recently that life is not a struggle and that having what I want is easy and fully attainable. How did I do it? The first step was to realize that I was looking at life from the context of 'it's a struggle'. The moment I got that, I created the freedom to look at life from a whole new perspective, the perspective of abundance with ease.

Since then, I have to say that I make the same money as I did a month ago. I have the same bills. The same responsibilities are there. However, it all shows up in my world as being easy. In fact, it takes up a lot less time and effort to achieve what I have been achieving all this time. I'm also seeing that I'm doing pretty darned well right now - today. And now, I have more time on my hands to create really blowing my finances through the roof.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment