Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hello

I am the friend that was mentioned by the other moderator. A few months ago we were pontificating (in know I am full of sh!t) about the state of life coaches and therapists in general. We arrived at the consensus that the state of these professions is to engage in platitudes and feel good speech. I do not know about you but from time to time I need a swift kick in the ass in general, with a few notable exceptions, I have not had this from life coaches or therapists.

I sometimes need a swift kick in the ass when I am really getting full of myself. Many times I have said to myself "What the f**ck!" I get into the mindset that nothing is going right in my life. My job is not going well. My marriage is on the rocks. My kids treat me like sh!t. The list goes on and on. I am sure that we all can relate.

In general, what I have found is that I have an underlying complaint. Just like the complaints I have mentioned above. I tell myself that I am perfectly content bitching about what is going on. Hell I thrive on it. I live in my perfect little world blaming others for what is f**cked up about my life. This is where I need someone to tell me I am full of sh!t and to get a life. It is my hope, along with my friend, that others can tell us that we are indeed full of sh!t and to get a life. We would love to provide this kind of service for others as well.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard my friend. I've got some news for you. The part of you that bitches and complains can be compared to an iPod that is literally stuck on replay. You hear the same old tracks and they make sense to you. One great hit is the song titled "Screw the world for my life being so messed up". The very next track is "Someone tell me to get a life".

    Here's the beef. These tracks will keep on playing. They have become a part of who you know yourself to be today. So, what do you do? There's really nothing more to do than to simply distinguish these thoughts as automatic tracks - like songs on an iPod that play in your head every time circumstances in your life threaten your sense of survival.Just recognizing them will give you power to create a new way of being that is a full expression of you.

    I like your writing.

    Now go get a life!

    ReplyDelete